domingo, 15 de diciembre de 2013

GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS AND A BANANA CAKE

We are but a few days away from Christmas day. I´m back to my decorations, I love the ornaments. Did you know I started to write this entry on a date we will never see again. Before I forget, thanks to Aisha, she knows why.



I always start decorating the first week of December. I look inside the containers, chose a colour..



Funny I always break something...no big deal.



I got up very early this morning, outside it´s freezing cold.



My cousin who lives across the Atlantic, sends me this picture of her christmas tree, it´s beautiful.



And my tree is filled with ornaments.







I stopped for a couple of hours, baked the cake that I´m going to share today. It will be perfect with a cuppa.

BANANA CAKE


INGREDIENTS
200grs unsalted butter, softened, plus extra to grease
200grs soft sugar
4 large eggs, beaten
2 ripe bananas, broken into chunks
75grs of walnuts, sliced
200grs self-raising flour

METHOD
Preheat oven to 180º. Grease and line a 20cm deep cake tin with parchment paper. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and suggar with an electric hand whisk until pale and fluffy..about 5 minutes.


Gradually beat in the eggs, mash the bananas with a fork, (this brought me back to those years I made the afternoon snack for my babies, with fruit and biscuits).


Fold the flour and bananas into the mixture. It may look a little curdled, but don´t worry. Using a large metal spoon, fold in the walnuts too. Spoon into the tin and bake for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. 


Leave to cool in the tin for 5min, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.


I´m going back to my decorations now. My L. has given me a handmade sculpted goose egg that I love for two reasons. One is because it´s beautiful, I love it! and the other is because it has a light inside you can turn on/off. It´s gorgeous!!.


And she gave me pine cones too. I love pine cones.


I´ll have many people over for dinner, so I need to find out more napkin rings. 


By the end of the evening, I´m about to finish. I´ll put the stars I made with clothepins in the fireplace, and I´ll put candles inside too. I´ve got some Christmas cards already.




DONE!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario